Sachin Tendulkar should devote time to family now: Kapil Dev
New Delhi: Sachin Tendulkar should devote at least two years to his family without taking up any other assignment after his retirement since his family has missed out on spending happy times with him due to his long stint with the team, former captain Kapil Dev on Tuesday said.
"What should I suggest to him? Although he would have thought...But I would say he should now devote all his time to his family who could not be with him for 25 years when he was playing for the country. He should take care of himself, take rest and be with his family now and he should take something new only after two years," Kapil said when he was asked about his suggestions to the batting maestro who will retire after playing his 200th Test later this week.
Calling Tendulkar a "diamond", Kapil said he wishes that the iconic cricketer gets all the happiness as he deserves it for serving the country.
"Post retirement will be his golden period. I wish he gets as much happiness as he gave to all of us with his wonderful game," he said while participating in an event of the paramilitary CRPF here.
The former cricketer also said he would suggest Sachin to to do "charity works" as his association with noble causes will act as a booster.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'