Sachin Tendulkar’s farewell speech was impromptu
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
Mumbai: Sachin Tendulkar’s farewell speech left the spectators at the Wankhede stadium and the millions glued to their TV sets teary-eyed. The words were so deeply felt and Sachin portrayed his emotions so well that it touched all hearts.
One would have thought that the speech was well practiced but contrary to the popular notion that most farewell speeches are prepared in advance, Sachin Tendulkar told a news channel in an interview that his speech was an impromptu one.
When Sachin stepped on to the field with a piece of paper, one would have thought that he would have rehearsed his speech quite a few times. However, the paper just had a list of names of people who he wanted to thank. He just looked one or two times at the list and rest was all impromptu.
Sachin mentioned that when he saw his friends Sourav Ganguly, VVS Laxman and Rahul Dravid, on the screen across the stadium, he thanked them - a gesture that was not thought of in advance.
Sachin thanked his parents, family, friends, team mates and fans in the emotional speech and rightly, it was straight from his heart.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest