Sachin Tendulkar’s farewell speech was impromptu
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
Mumbai: Sachin Tendulkar’s farewell speech left the spectators at the Wankhede stadium and the millions glued to their TV sets teary-eyed. The words were so deeply felt and Sachin portrayed his emotions so well that it touched all hearts.
One would have thought that the speech was well practiced but contrary to the popular notion that most farewell speeches are prepared in advance, Sachin Tendulkar told a news channel in an interview that his speech was an impromptu one.
When Sachin stepped on to the field with a piece of paper, one would have thought that he would have rehearsed his speech quite a few times. However, the paper just had a list of names of people who he wanted to thank. He just looked one or two times at the list and rest was all impromptu.
Sachin mentioned that when he saw his friends Sourav Ganguly, VVS Laxman and Rahul Dravid, on the screen across the stadium, he thanked them - a gesture that was not thought of in advance.
Sachin thanked his parents, family, friends, team mates and fans in the emotional speech and rightly, it was straight from his heart.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer
- Twist in tale! Lalit Modi to install son Ruchir as Rajasthan Cricket Association boss
- 225 killed or missing in China torrential rains; 2.5 lakh people trapped
- Elvis Presley almost choked himself to death with drugs