Tendulkar a `Bharat Ratna` for Indians: BJP
New Delhi: Hailing Sachin Tendulkar`s contribution to cricket, BJP on Sunday said the nation will remain grateful to him and the living legend will remain a "Bharat Ratna" in the hearts of the people.
As Tendulkar announced his retirement from one-day format of the game, party spokesperson Prakash Javedkar said, "He is `Bharat Ratna` in the hearts of the people whether government gives him the title or not."
As he is still playing test cricket, the nation hopes he will create more records, the spokesman said.
Sachin on Sunday retired from one-day internationals after a glorious career spanning 23 years during which he re-wrote record books with his phenomenal feats.
39-year-old Tendulkar conveyed his decision to the BCCI, which issued a statement on his behalf.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way