Tendulkar a `Bharat Ratna` for Indians: BJP
New Delhi: Hailing Sachin Tendulkar`s contribution to cricket, BJP on Sunday said the nation will remain grateful to him and the living legend will remain a "Bharat Ratna" in the hearts of the people.
As Tendulkar announced his retirement from one-day format of the game, party spokesperson Prakash Javedkar said, "He is `Bharat Ratna` in the hearts of the people whether government gives him the title or not."
As he is still playing test cricket, the nation hopes he will create more records, the spokesman said.
Sachin on Sunday retired from one-day internationals after a glorious career spanning 23 years during which he re-wrote record books with his phenomenal feats.
39-year-old Tendulkar conveyed his decision to the BCCI, which issued a statement on his behalf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda