Viv, Warne invited for Sachin`s 199th Test
Kolkata: Cricketing legends Vivian Richards and Shane Warne have been invited for Sachin Tendulkar`s 199th and penultimate Test match at the Eden Gardens Nov 6-10 featuring India and West Indies, the Cricket Association of Bengal said on Tuesday.
Confirmation is awaited from Richards - considered one of the most destructive batsmen in the history of the game and Warne - rated as the greatest leg spinner, said CAB joint secretary Subir Ganguly.
As part of the celebrations to give Tendulkar a memorable farewell, a tableau would be brought out Nov 3 from the Eden Gardens. It would be adorned with Tendulkar`s photographs and posters and go to a number of spots in the city.
The CAB also announced that 199 bunches of sky lanterns would be floated on day three at the Eden Gardens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley