Viv, Warne invited for Sachin`s 199th Test
Kolkata: Cricketing legends Vivian Richards and Shane Warne have been invited for Sachin Tendulkar`s 199th and penultimate Test match at the Eden Gardens Nov 6-10 featuring India and West Indies, the Cricket Association of Bengal said on Tuesday.
Confirmation is awaited from Richards - considered one of the most destructive batsmen in the history of the game and Warne - rated as the greatest leg spinner, said CAB joint secretary Subir Ganguly.
As part of the celebrations to give Tendulkar a memorable farewell, a tableau would be brought out Nov 3 from the Eden Gardens. It would be adorned with Tendulkar`s photographs and posters and go to a number of spots in the city.
The CAB also announced that 199 bunches of sky lanterns would be floated on day three at the Eden Gardens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar