Sachin Tendulkar only Indian in Wisden all-time Test XI
Zee Media Bureau/Feroz Khan
New Delhi: Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar was the only Indian to be included in Wisden’s all-time Test XI announced on Wednesday.
Legendary Australian cricketer Don Bradman has been made the captain of the team announced to mark 150 years of the Cricketers’ Almanack.
Former Pakistani bowler Wasim Akram is the second cricketer from the subcontinent to have found a place in the team.
Tendulkar will play his record 200th Test against West Indies next month which will be his final international game.
Wisden World XI:
1. J. B. Hobbs (England)
2. W. G. Grace (England)
3. D. G. Bradman (Australia)
4. S. R. Tendulkar (India)
5. V. A. Richards (West Indies)
6. G. S. Sobers (West Indies)
7. A. P. E. Knott (England)
8. Wasim Akram (Pakistan)
9. S. K. Warne (Australia)
10. M. D. Marshall (West Indies)
11. S. F. Barnes (England)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know