Sachin Tendulkar seeks divine intervention, prays at Tirupati
Tirupati: Star batsman Sachin Tendulkar sought divine intervention at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh state on Saturday.
Tendulkar arrived on a maiden pilgrimage at the Tirupati temple.
He offered prayers in the traditional manner, wearing a dhoti and a white shirt. Tendulkar also participated in the ''Suprabhatha recitation seva'' (a ritual).
The temple management presented the ace cricketer with a sacred silk cloth, prasad (religious offerings) and holy water, while the priests’ chanted hymns to bless him in his future innings.
In December, iconic batsman Sachin Tendulkar quit the one-day format of the sport to make way for youngsters to prepare for the 2015 World Cup.
Tendulkar possesses bundles of batting records in international cricket and achieved his long-cherished dream of being part of a World Cup-winning team in 2011, when India won the 50-over tournament in Mumbai.
Tendulkar is the leading run-scorer and century maker in test and one-day international cricket. He is the first male cricketer to score a double century in ODI cricket.
In 2002, just 12 years into his career, Wisden ranked Tendulkar as the second greatest Test batsman of all time, behind Donald Bradman, and the second greatest one-day-international (ODI) batsman of all time, behind Viv Richards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- CBSE 10th Result 2015: CBSE (cbse.ac.in & cbseresults.ac.in) Class 10 (X Board) Result shortly
- Cbseresults.nic.in working now, check your CBSE Class 10 Board Results 2015
- cbse.nic.in Board Results 2015: CBSE Class 10 Results declared on cbseresults.nic.in
- Watch: Young Sikh boy takes on a bully outside UK school
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Breast cancer changes bone structure to make it spread: Study