Sachin Tendulkar to be Congress’ `star campaigner` for MP Assembly polls?
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: Days after he announced his intention to end his professional career after playing the historic 200th Test against West Indies, Indian batting legend Sachin Tendulkar was shortlisted by Congress as a `star campaigner` for Madhya Pradesh Assembly polls, according to reports.
Jyotiradiya Scindia will personally speak to the batting stalwart about the matter, as per reports. However there has been no confirmation from the Little Master regarding the issue.
The Congress wants the 40-year-old to campaign for them in MP, which is due to go to the polls later this year.
Notably, Sachin became the first active sportsperson and cricketer to have been nominated to the Rajya Sabha on June 3, 2012 under the Prominent Citizens Quota.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE