Sammy ecstatic after propelling Sunrisers into the playoffs
Hyderabad: West Indies captain Darren Sammy says he was ecstatic after scoring the winning hits that propelled Sunrisers Hyderabad into the playoffs of the Indian Premier league (IPL).
Sunrisers defeated Kolkata Knight Riders by five wickets to secure the final playoff spot at the expense of Chris Gayle’s Royal Challengers Bangalore.
Sammy hit Kolkata Knight Riders` most successful bowler on display Iqbal Abdulla for two sixes in two balls to hasten Hyderabad`s entry.
"It feels brilliant after getting there,” said Sammy, who hit a 12-ball unbeaten 17 in Sunday`s game.
“We played really good cricket here and it`s fantastic to finish our last home game in some style. It was a good send off for the Hyderabad crowd."
Chasing 131 for a win, Sunrisers Hyderabad made heavy weather of the chase and found themselves needing a tricky 11 runs from 9 balls.
Sammy held his nerve to twice clear the ropes and finish the match in style.
"We were with our backs against the wall and one of us had to stand up,” said Sammy. “There is no better feeling than to stand up for one`s team."
Sunrisers will now face Rajasthan Royals in a playoff game Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid