Sammy guides Windies to 75-run win over Bangladesh in 4th ODI
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mirpur: West Indies defeated Bangladesh by 75 runs in the fourth ODI played at Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur.
Bangladesh did well to restrict Windies to 211 runs, but they had a disastrous start as their top 5 batsmen were back to the pavilion with score reading just 13. After the poor start, skipper Mushfiqur Rahim and Mahmudullah stitched a 74-run partnership before Narine dismissed Rahim for 27.
After Rahim’s dismissal, the match didn’t last for long and Bangladesh innings wrapped up at 136. Mahmudullah fell short of partners and remained unbeaten on 56.
Earlier batting first, West Indies posted 211 runs in the first innings after Darren Sammy played a captain’s knock and scored 60 runs from 62 balls. For Bangladesh, Mahmudullah was the pick of the bowlers as he scalped three wickets in his 10-over spell.
After scoring an unbeaten half-century, Sammy also picked three wickets, and single-handedly won the game for his side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal