Sammy guides Windies to 75-run win over Bangladesh in 4th ODI
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mirpur: West Indies defeated Bangladesh by 75 runs in the fourth ODI played at Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur.
Bangladesh did well to restrict Windies to 211 runs, but they had a disastrous start as their top 5 batsmen were back to the pavilion with score reading just 13. After the poor start, skipper Mushfiqur Rahim and Mahmudullah stitched a 74-run partnership before Narine dismissed Rahim for 27.
After Rahim’s dismissal, the match didn’t last for long and Bangladesh innings wrapped up at 136. Mahmudullah fell short of partners and remained unbeaten on 56.
Earlier batting first, West Indies posted 211 runs in the first innings after Darren Sammy played a captain’s knock and scored 60 runs from 62 balls. For Bangladesh, Mahmudullah was the pick of the bowlers as he scalped three wickets in his 10-over spell.
After scoring an unbeaten half-century, Sammy also picked three wickets, and single-handedly won the game for his side.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!