Sammy guides Windies to 75-run win over Bangladesh in 4th ODI
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mirpur: West Indies defeated Bangladesh by 75 runs in the fourth ODI played at Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur.
Bangladesh did well to restrict Windies to 211 runs, but they had a disastrous start as their top 5 batsmen were back to the pavilion with score reading just 13. After the poor start, skipper Mushfiqur Rahim and Mahmudullah stitched a 74-run partnership before Narine dismissed Rahim for 27.
After Rahim’s dismissal, the match didn’t last for long and Bangladesh innings wrapped up at 136. Mahmudullah fell short of partners and remained unbeaten on 56.
Earlier batting first, West Indies posted 211 runs in the first innings after Darren Sammy played a captain’s knock and scored 60 runs from 62 balls. For Bangladesh, Mahmudullah was the pick of the bowlers as he scalped three wickets in his 10-over spell.
After scoring an unbeaten half-century, Sammy also picked three wickets, and single-handedly won the game for his side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- MUST WATCH: Amazing speech by BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu blasting Congress
- Sony swings to $1.4 bn annual profit as PlayStation sales soar
- Centre, CBSE propose NEET schedule; exam may be conducted in two phases
- North Korea's mid-range missile launch appears to have failed
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi may be summoned for questioning