Sangakkara becomes second Lankan cricketer to reach 10,000 Test runs
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Veteran Sri Lankan cricketer Kumar Sangakkara achieved another milestone as he became the 11th batsman and the second Sri Lankan to score 10,000 Test runs, a feat achieved on the opening day of the Boxing Day Test against Australia at the MCG.
Sangakkara reached the milestone with a boundary, just before lunch, after Sri Lanka got off to a disastrous start losing three wickets for just 37 runs.
Sanga reached 10,000 Tests runs in 195 innings, equalling the record previously shared by Brian Lara and Sachin Tendulkar.
Sri Lanka’s current skipper Mahela Jayawardene is the other Sri Lankan to have made more than 10,000 Test runs.
Sangakkara’s was the eighth wicket to fall after Matthew Wade took an excellent catch to dismiss him for 58. Soon after his departure, Sri Lanka’s first innings was wrapped up for 156 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj