Sangakkara becomes second Lankan cricketer to reach 10,000 Test runs
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Veteran Sri Lankan cricketer Kumar Sangakkara achieved another milestone as he became the 11th batsman and the second Sri Lankan to score 10,000 Test runs, a feat achieved on the opening day of the Boxing Day Test against Australia at the MCG.
Sangakkara reached the milestone with a boundary, just before lunch, after Sri Lanka got off to a disastrous start losing three wickets for just 37 runs.
Sanga reached 10,000 Tests runs in 195 innings, equalling the record previously shared by Brian Lara and Sachin Tendulkar.
Sri Lanka’s current skipper Mahela Jayawardene is the other Sri Lankan to have made more than 10,000 Test runs.
Sangakkara’s was the eighth wicket to fall after Matthew Wade took an excellent catch to dismiss him for 58. Soon after his departure, Sri Lanka’s first innings was wrapped up for 156 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?