Sangakkara out of the series after sustaining finger injury
Colombo: Senior Sri Lankan batsman Kumar Sangakkara has been ruled out of remaining two ODIs and T20 International after sustaining a hairline fracture in that will keep him out of action for at least a month.
The injury also means that Sangakkara won`t be able to play in the inaugural season of the Sri Lankan Premier League scheduled on August 11.
Sangakkara was injured by a short ball from Ashok Dinda that hit him on the glove. The incident happened in the last ball of the 15th over. Although Sangakkara was in considerable pain and the physio was summoned, the former captain continued batting. He was finally dismissed by Dinda after scoring a well compiled 73.
Sangakkara`s absence is certainly going to take some sheen out of the Sri Lankan Premier League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report