Sangakkara out of the series after sustaining finger injury
Colombo: Senior Sri Lankan batsman Kumar Sangakkara has been ruled out of remaining two ODIs and T20 International after sustaining a hairline fracture in that will keep him out of action for at least a month.
The injury also means that Sangakkara won`t be able to play in the inaugural season of the Sri Lankan Premier League scheduled on August 11.
Sangakkara was injured by a short ball from Ashok Dinda that hit him on the glove. The incident happened in the last ball of the 15th over. Although Sangakkara was in considerable pain and the physio was summoned, the former captain continued batting. He was finally dismissed by Dinda after scoring a well compiled 73.
Sangakkara`s absence is certainly going to take some sheen out of the Sri Lankan Premier League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam