Sangakkara out of the series after sustaining finger injury
Colombo: Senior Sri Lankan batsman Kumar Sangakkara has been ruled out of remaining two ODIs and T20 International after sustaining a hairline fracture in that will keep him out of action for at least a month.
The injury also means that Sangakkara won`t be able to play in the inaugural season of the Sri Lankan Premier League scheduled on August 11.
Sangakkara was injured by a short ball from Ashok Dinda that hit him on the glove. The incident happened in the last ball of the 15th over. Although Sangakkara was in considerable pain and the physio was summoned, the former captain continued batting. He was finally dismissed by Dinda after scoring a well compiled 73.
Sangakkara`s absence is certainly going to take some sheen out of the Sri Lankan Premier League.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'