Scindia calls for time-frame to complete spot-fixing enquiry
Indore: Calling for a fair probe into the IPL spot-fixing scandal, senior BCCI official and Union Power minister Jyotiraditya Scindia has demanded time-bound investigations into the matter.
"Spot-fixing scandal should be properly investigated. The conclusion should be reached as quickly as possible after the evidences are collected. The time frame of the investigations should also be fixed," Scindia, who heads the Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association, told reporters here on Sunday.
Scindia appreciated Sanjay Jagdale for resigning from the post of BCCI secretary in the wake of the spot-fixing scandal.
"I believe that Jagdale had resigned from his post after listening to the voice of his conscience and his resignation should be praised as much as possible. I too would have resigned had I been in his place," the minister said.
Asked about BCCI president N Srinivasan`s refusal to quit from his post, Scindia replied: "Whatever has happened, has happened. Presently, Srinivasan is no longer the president of the association. A commission probing in the matter has been set up."
Scindia said the Board will have to take some urgent steps to restore faith of the fans in the sport.
"In cricket, the spirit of the game should be paramount. BCCI should take steps at the earliest to remove the stigma associated with the sport," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown