Scindia calls for time-frame to complete spot-fixing enquiry
Indore: Calling for a fair probe into the IPL spot-fixing scandal, senior BCCI official and Union Power minister Jyotiraditya Scindia has demanded time-bound investigations into the matter.
"Spot-fixing scandal should be properly investigated. The conclusion should be reached as quickly as possible after the evidences are collected. The time frame of the investigations should also be fixed," Scindia, who heads the Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association, told reporters here on Sunday.
Scindia appreciated Sanjay Jagdale for resigning from the post of BCCI secretary in the wake of the spot-fixing scandal.
"I believe that Jagdale had resigned from his post after listening to the voice of his conscience and his resignation should be praised as much as possible. I too would have resigned had I been in his place," the minister said.
Asked about BCCI president N Srinivasan`s refusal to quit from his post, Scindia replied: "Whatever has happened, has happened. Presently, Srinivasan is no longer the president of the association. A commission probing in the matter has been set up."
Scindia said the Board will have to take some urgent steps to restore faith of the fans in the sport.
"In cricket, the spirit of the game should be paramount. BCCI should take steps at the earliest to remove the stigma associated with the sport," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened