Shane Warne fined for over speeding in Glasgow
Sydney: Spin legend Shane Warne has been fined 770 Australian dollars after admitting driving at more than 160hm/hr on a Scotland motorway where the maximum speed limit is 110km/hr.
Warne had five penalty points put on his licence at Dumfries Justice of the Peace Court, south of Glasgow, on Tuesday, News.com.au reports.
Lawyer Graham Walker, who entered a petition of guilty on behalf of the cricket great, represented Warne, it further reported.
In remarks, Walker described the incident on the A74(M) motorway north of Gretna in September as an error of judgment, the paper reported.
The prosecutor told the court Warne, driving on an Australian licence at the time of the offence, had been caught travelling at 165km/hr, the paper said.
Walker added that Warne is a man who had no previous convictions and no points on his driving licence and travels thousands of miles a year.
In the course of a stellar career, Warne took 708 wickets in 145 Tests for Australia before retiring from international cricket in 2007.
However, Warne, while making a name for himself as a television cricket commentator, has continued to play in Twenty20 events in India and Australia and recently hinted at a possible Test return for the Ashes series in England later this year.
On Monday, he was banned for one match and fined 4500 Australian dollars for an ugly, foul-mouthed clash with West Indies batsman Samuels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder