Sharma hits 108, Jammu and Kashmir bowl out Assam for 263
Jammu: Gokul Sharma struck his fourth first-class hundred as Assam were bowled out for 263 against Jammu and Kashmir on the opening day of their Group `C` Ranji Trophy match, here Saturday.
Sharma`s 203-ball 108 and his 102-run eighth-wicket stand with Prasanta Sonowal (40 not out) lifted the visitors from a precarious 150 for seven to a respectable 263 at Gandhi Memorial Science College Ground.
Sent in to bat, Assam kept on losing wickets at regular intervals and slumped to 83 for five in 37th over.
J&K`s medium pacer Mohammed Mudhasir Gujree bowled with a lot of fire and struck regularly to rock the visitors` top and middle-order batting. He picked up four of Assam`s first five wickets.
A 44-run seventh-wicket stand between skipper Abu Nechim and Gokul tried to stem the flow of wickets but it was the Sonowal-Gokul partnership that boosted Assam`s total.
Sonowal played a handy knock of 85-ball 40.
For J&K, Mudhasir ended with figures of five for 71.
Brief Scores: Assam 262 all out in 87.5 overs (Gokul Sharma 108; Mudhasir 5/71).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat