Sharmila Tagore hospitalised, misses inaugural Pataudi lecture
New Delhi: The inaugural Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi Memorial lecture was unfortunately missed by the late cricketer`s immediate family members with wife Sharmila Tagore being hospitalised because of bout of food poisoning.
"I am really very sad that I couldn`t make it to Chennai for the inaugural lecture. I am suffering from severe bout of food poisoning and it became impossible for me to attend the event. I fell so ill that I have been admitted to a local nursing home," the veteran actor said from Aashlok nursing home where she has been admitted.
Sharmila didn`t know that Sunil Gavaskar`s inaugural lecture was being streamed live.
"Is it so? I didn`t have a clue. I knew that it would be aired tomorrow."
"Saif is shooting for Bullet Raja while Soha is promoting her flm Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster. Saba was also busy on the day with her event. So, I was the only one who was free to attend the event today but I unfortunately fell ill," she sounded really disappointed.
It must be recalled in this regard that Sharmila had written specifically to BCCI president N Srinivasan after the parent body delayed in their announcement of instituting the lecture.
She also wrote on the India versus England home series being named after the former India captain but the BCCI explained that the home series trophy has always been known as Anthony De`Mello Trophy while MCC has started the Pataudi Trophy.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani