Sharmila Tagore hospitalised, misses inaugural Pataudi lecture
New Delhi: The inaugural Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi Memorial lecture was unfortunately missed by the late cricketer`s immediate family members with wife Sharmila Tagore being hospitalised because of bout of food poisoning.
"I am really very sad that I couldn`t make it to Chennai for the inaugural lecture. I am suffering from severe bout of food poisoning and it became impossible for me to attend the event. I fell so ill that I have been admitted to a local nursing home," the veteran actor said from Aashlok nursing home where she has been admitted.
Sharmila didn`t know that Sunil Gavaskar`s inaugural lecture was being streamed live.
"Is it so? I didn`t have a clue. I knew that it would be aired tomorrow."
"Saif is shooting for Bullet Raja while Soha is promoting her flm Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster. Saba was also busy on the day with her event. So, I was the only one who was free to attend the event today but I unfortunately fell ill," she sounded really disappointed.
It must be recalled in this regard that Sharmila had written specifically to BCCI president N Srinivasan after the parent body delayed in their announcement of instituting the lecture.
She also wrote on the India versus England home series being named after the former India captain but the BCCI explained that the home series trophy has always been known as Anthony De`Mello Trophy while MCC has started the Pataudi Trophy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- 'Selfie' with Bulandshahr DM B Chandrakala lands 18-year-old in jail
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!