Shillingford, Gabriel recalled for Zimbabwe Test, Sarwan dropped
Bridgetown: The West Indies cricket selectors have recalled offspiner Shane Shillingford and fast bowler Shannon Gabriel ahead of the two- match Test series against Zimbabwe starting next week.
Shillingford and Gabriel have been named in a 13-man squad released Friday for the first test against Zimbabwe starting Tuesday at Kensington oval in Barbados.
Middle order batsman Marlon Samuels has also been included in the squad after recovering from an eye injury that forced him out of the Australian Big Bash last December.
However there was no place for Ramnaresh Sarwan who had a disastrous tour of Australia during the recent ODI series with a number of low scores including several ducks.
Gabriel`s call up would have come as no surprise after he performed impressively in the Caribbean T20 in January and was named man of the match in the finals against Guyana.
The Trinidad and Tobago fast bowler, one of the rising stars of regional cricket, made an impressive Test debut for the West Indies against England last May but had to return home with a back injury.
Shillingford , who had emerged as the regional side`s frontline spinner, is back on the team after he was controversially excluded from the Bangladesh tour last year.
Last year, the Dominican spinner enjoyed a successful return to international cricket by taking 14 wickets in two tests against Australia following a near two-year hiatus to reorder his bowling action.
His exclusion from the regional side had provoked uproar in some regional cricket circles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25