Shoaib Akhtar to train 50 young pacers to serve Pakistan in long run
Karachi: Former Pakistani pacer Shoaib Akhtar has said he was working to form a pool of 50 young pacers who could serve the country in the long run.
“Every board says our country is full of talent. But I don’t see anyone because we’ve not got a good fast-bowler for a long time,” he said
“The board humiliates the ones who have talent which is having adverse effects. The youngsters who take inspiration from their heroes are not coming forward after seeing what is being done to their heroes,” Akhtar added.
He said he will launch a countrywide talent hunt for fast bowlers, the Express Tribune reports.
“I will go to the outskirts to find talent. I will mentor and promote them through media and in other ways,” he said.
Akhtar, who was nagged by several injuries in his day, said that measures needed to be taken to protect the art.
“Fast-bowling is not a normal job, it’s abnormal. The number of fast-bowlers is diminishing and they need to be safeguarded. I have said repeatedly that the International Cricket Council should remove the laws and restriction on fast-bowlers,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news