Six arrested for betting on IPL matches
Patna: Six persons were arrested here for indulging in betting on Indian Premier League (IPL) matches, police said on Monday.
On a tip off, a team of Patliputra Police Station raided a house in Nehru Nagar area and arrested six persons for betting on IPL matches late last evening, Senior Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said.
Six mobile phones, Rs 1.67 lakh cash and a chart of IPL matches were recovered from them, the SSP said.
They were operating from a sweet shop and a tent house, he said.
The arrested persons were identified as Bipin Kumar, Neeraj Kumar, Gaurav Kumar, Vikash Kumar, Amit Kumar and Dheeraj Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack