Six new faces in Cricket Australia’s list of contracted players
Sydney: Cricket Australia (CA) has released the list of contracted players for the 2013-14 season, awarding 20 contracts, with six new faces.
According to News.com.au, the six players are George Bailey, Ed Cowan, James Faulkner, Phillip Hughes, Glenn Maxwell and Clint McKay whereas Jackson Bird, Usman Khawaja and comeback kid Steve Smith have been left out.
David Hussey`s contract has not been renewed.
According to the report, domestic Queensland fast bowler Ryan Harris, who has been plagued by injury and has played little cricket for the last 18 months, has been awarded a contract along with wicket-keepers Matthew Wade and Brad Haddin.
Stating that CA has rewarded the selected players for the past 12 months as well as keeping an eye on the future, national selector John Inverarity said that the 17 players initially contracted for the 2012-13 season had played a significant role in selections across the various formats during the season, adding that those upgraded to the contract list during the season all proved their worth.
Inverarity further said that Bird, Henriques, Khawaja and Smith were all close to making this contract list, adding that the selectors expected them to take opportunities that are presented across formats to represent Australia and make a case for an upgrade to a CA contract, as the year unfolds.
CA`s contracted players: George Bailey, Michael Clarke, Ed Cowan, James Faulkner, Phil Hughes, Glenn Maxwell, Clint McKay, Ryan Harris, Matthew Wade, brad Haddin, Patrick Cummins, Xavier Doherty, Ben Hilfenhaus, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Starc, James Pattinson, Peter Siddle, David Warner and Shane Watson.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital