SLC says DRS will be there for Australia series
Colombo: Contrary to reports that it would not have the Decision Review System in place for the series against Australia due to lack of money, Sri Lanka Cricket said DRS would be there for the matches scheduled next month.
SLC said it has no issues with the estimated cost of USD 5,000 per day for having DRS in place for the series next month.
"The use of DRS is a priority for us since the decision was taken, during the ICC annual conference in Hong Kong, to use it in all series, which all the members agreed to," SLC interim committee chairman Upali Dharmadasa told a website.
"Regarding the predictive path, we have written to the ICC and the final decision will be taken at the SLC meeting on Wednesday."
"Funding for UDRS is not an issue," he added.
Australia will be in Sri Lanka from end of this month for a tour, including two Twenty internationals, five ODIs and three Tests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister