SLC says DRS will be there for Australia series
Colombo: Contrary to reports that it would not have the Decision Review System in place for the series against Australia due to lack of money, Sri Lanka Cricket said DRS would be there for the matches scheduled next month.
SLC said it has no issues with the estimated cost of USD 5,000 per day for having DRS in place for the series next month.
"The use of DRS is a priority for us since the decision was taken, during the ICC annual conference in Hong Kong, to use it in all series, which all the members agreed to," SLC interim committee chairman Upali Dharmadasa told a website.
"Regarding the predictive path, we have written to the ICC and the final decision will be taken at the SLC meeting on Wednesday."
"Funding for UDRS is not an issue," he added.
Australia will be in Sri Lanka from end of this month for a tour, including two Twenty internationals, five ODIs and three Tests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'