Sourav Ganguly joins Justice Mudgal`s IPL probe-panel
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Known for his integrity and honesty, former India skipper Sourav Ganguly has been asked to join the Justice Mukul Mudgal probe panel investigating the Indian Premier League spot-fixing case.
Justice Mudgal reportedly expressed his desire to include a former cricketer on the panel. In fact, the retired judge has already prepared a list of probables, which includes Ganguly`s name.
Sourav Ganguly retired from international cricket in 2008 and is still considered one of the greatest captains ever to lead India.
In his new role, Ganguly will assist Justice Mudgal in the investigations against 13 persons, including former BCCI president N Srinivasan, who were named in the report submitted to the Supreme Court by the panel.
On April 22, acting on a Supreme Court directive, Justice Mudgal agreed to continue probing the IPL scandal. And the apex court vested in the committee "the powers to investigate, require attendance of witnesses, the power to examine witnesses, the power to search and the power to seize and all other powers necessary for investigation". However, they will not be allowed to carry out arrests.
Other members of the panel are senior advocate L Nageswar Rao and Assam Cricket Association member Nilay Datta. And they will be assisted by senior IPS officer BB Mishra, who is the deputy director-general, narcotics control bureau, New Delhi.
With agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!