Kyle Abbott to replace `injured` Parnell in third Test against Oz
Johannesburg: South African seam bowler Kyle Abbott has reportedly been included in the squad for the third and deciding Test against Australia at Cape Town .
Abbott will come in as a replacement for the injured Wayne Parnell after the latter sustained a groin injury during the Test in Port Elizabeth at the weekend.
According to Sport24, Abbott comes into the squad as bowling cover for Parnell, who will not recover in time for the series-deciding Test, while Quinton De Kock remains in the squad as the extra batting option cover.
Meanwhile, the report mentioned that batsman Ryan McLaren will make a return to the squad after recovering from the mild concussion he sustained during the first Test at Centurion Park.
South African squad: Graeme Smith, Alviro Petersen, Hashim Amla, Faf du Plessis, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, Vernon Philander, Robin Peterson, Dean Elgar, Rory Kleinveldt, Morne Morkel , Dale Steyn, Thami Tsolekile, McLaren, De Kock, Abbott.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Rio Olympics after-effects: Marathon runner OP Jaisha also tests positive for H1N1; hospitalised
- Hyderabad varsity JAC condemns judicial commission report
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump is taking far-right hate groups `mainstream`
- John Kerry arrives in Geneva for Syria talks with Lavrov
- Three killed in apparent crossbow attack in Canada