Kyle Abbott to replace `injured` Parnell in third Test against Oz
Johannesburg: South African seam bowler Kyle Abbott has reportedly been included in the squad for the third and deciding Test against Australia at Cape Town .
Abbott will come in as a replacement for the injured Wayne Parnell after the latter sustained a groin injury during the Test in Port Elizabeth at the weekend.
According to Sport24, Abbott comes into the squad as bowling cover for Parnell, who will not recover in time for the series-deciding Test, while Quinton De Kock remains in the squad as the extra batting option cover.
Meanwhile, the report mentioned that batsman Ryan McLaren will make a return to the squad after recovering from the mild concussion he sustained during the first Test at Centurion Park.
South African squad: Graeme Smith, Alviro Petersen, Hashim Amla, Faf du Plessis, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, Vernon Philander, Robin Peterson, Dean Elgar, Rory Kleinveldt, Morne Morkel , Dale Steyn, Thami Tsolekile, McLaren, De Kock, Abbott.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees