Kyle Abbott to replace `injured` Parnell in third Test against Oz
Johannesburg: South African seam bowler Kyle Abbott has reportedly been included in the squad for the third and deciding Test against Australia at Cape Town .
Abbott will come in as a replacement for the injured Wayne Parnell after the latter sustained a groin injury during the Test in Port Elizabeth at the weekend.
According to Sport24, Abbott comes into the squad as bowling cover for Parnell, who will not recover in time for the series-deciding Test, while Quinton De Kock remains in the squad as the extra batting option cover.
Meanwhile, the report mentioned that batsman Ryan McLaren will make a return to the squad after recovering from the mild concussion he sustained during the first Test at Centurion Park.
South African squad: Graeme Smith, Alviro Petersen, Hashim Amla, Faf du Plessis, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, Vernon Philander, Robin Peterson, Dean Elgar, Rory Kleinveldt, Morne Morkel , Dale Steyn, Thami Tsolekile, McLaren, De Kock, Abbott.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened