South African captains pay tribute to Jacques Kallis
Johannesburg: South Africa`s ODI and Test Captains, AB de Villiers and Hashim Amla, have paid tributes to the star Proteas player Jacques Kallis, who announced retirement from International cricket.
Hashim Amla, Proteas Test captain, said that Kallis is a legend and sportsmen like him only come around once every five decades, News 24 reported.
He added that Kallis is an astute professional who always gave 100 percent for his country and a lot of youngsters coming up can learn a lot from the way he shaped his career.
Amla further added that Kallis will be sorely missed in the dressing room, and in the slips where he was a trademark figure, report said.
Meanwhile, ODI captain AB De Villiers said that Kallis` experience and tactical nous would be missed in the Proteas` environment, along with the professionalism and humbleness with which he went about his game.
De Villiers added that it would be unfortunate for the team that Kallis won`t be a part of the World Cup, and his value and statistics on the field will be missed, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city