South African captains pay tribute to Jacques Kallis
Johannesburg: South Africa`s ODI and Test Captains, AB de Villiers and Hashim Amla, have paid tributes to the star Proteas player Jacques Kallis, who announced retirement from International cricket.
Hashim Amla, Proteas Test captain, said that Kallis is a legend and sportsmen like him only come around once every five decades, News 24 reported.
He added that Kallis is an astute professional who always gave 100 percent for his country and a lot of youngsters coming up can learn a lot from the way he shaped his career.
Amla further added that Kallis will be sorely missed in the dressing room, and in the slips where he was a trademark figure, report said.
Meanwhile, ODI captain AB De Villiers said that Kallis` experience and tactical nous would be missed in the Proteas` environment, along with the professionalism and humbleness with which he went about his game.
De Villiers added that it would be unfortunate for the team that Kallis won`t be a part of the World Cup, and his value and statistics on the field will be missed, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen