Sports Minister orders probe into SL team`s debacle
Colombo: Sports Minister Mahindananda Aluthgamage has asked the head of the Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) to initiate a probe into the recent debacle of national team against South Africa.
Sri Lanka crashed to 43 all out in reply to South Africa`s 301 in the first ODI of the ongoing series, losing by 258-run margin, which was the third biggest in the history of One-day cricket.
The total of 43 was also the lowest ever for the Islanders.
Aluthgamage has asked newly elected president Upali Dharmadasa to report to him on the present state of the team and to recommend short and long term measures to resurrect its dwindling fortunes.
The visitors have lost first two ODIs of the five-match series after they received a 2-1 drubbing in the Tests.
Aluthgamage last week had publicly urged Dharmadasa not to look for excuses in putting things right in the cricket administration.
The sports minister has often described lack of team spirit and internal politics as the reason for receding fortunes of the team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria