Sreesanth asks his fans to pray for his comeback
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Tainted Indian cricketer S Sreesanth on Thursday reiterated the fact that he was innocent and asked his fans to pray for his comeback to cricket.
Talking exclusively to Zee Media, Sreesanth said that he is desperate to get back to playing cricket. The fast bowler said that no matter its club cricket or state cricket, all he wanted at the moment was to get back to the game.
Asked whether he has ever been approached by a bookie for spot-fixing or match-fixing, Sreesanth who hails from Kerala said such a case has never happened in his career.
Sreesanth, who was lodged in the Tihar jail, has been granted bail by a Delhi court after it criticised Delhi police for slapping the stringent provisions of MCOCA on Sreesanth, Ankeet Chavan and 17 others.
Delhi police has so far arrested 26 persons in the case including Sreesanth, Chavan and Ajit Chandalia.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!