Sreesanth asks his fans to pray for his comeback
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Tainted Indian cricketer S Sreesanth on Thursday reiterated the fact that he was innocent and asked his fans to pray for his comeback to cricket.
Talking exclusively to Zee Media, Sreesanth said that he is desperate to get back to playing cricket. The fast bowler said that no matter its club cricket or state cricket, all he wanted at the moment was to get back to the game.
Asked whether he has ever been approached by a bookie for spot-fixing or match-fixing, Sreesanth who hails from Kerala said such a case has never happened in his career.
Sreesanth, who was lodged in the Tihar jail, has been granted bail by a Delhi court after it criticised Delhi police for slapping the stringent provisions of MCOCA on Sreesanth, Ankeet Chavan and 17 others.
Delhi police has so far arrested 26 persons in the case including Sreesanth, Chavan and Ajit Chandalia.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him