Sreesanth asks his fans to pray for his comeback
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Tainted Indian cricketer S Sreesanth on Thursday reiterated the fact that he was innocent and asked his fans to pray for his comeback to cricket.
Talking exclusively to Zee Media, Sreesanth said that he is desperate to get back to playing cricket. The fast bowler said that no matter its club cricket or state cricket, all he wanted at the moment was to get back to the game.
Asked whether he has ever been approached by a bookie for spot-fixing or match-fixing, Sreesanth who hails from Kerala said such a case has never happened in his career.
Sreesanth, who was lodged in the Tihar jail, has been granted bail by a Delhi court after it criticised Delhi police for slapping the stringent provisions of MCOCA on Sreesanth, Ankeet Chavan and 17 others.
Delhi police has so far arrested 26 persons in the case including Sreesanth, Chavan and Ajit Chandalia.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert