Sreesanth asks his fans to pray for his comeback
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Tainted Indian cricketer S Sreesanth on Thursday reiterated the fact that he was innocent and asked his fans to pray for his comeback to cricket.
Talking exclusively to Zee Media, Sreesanth said that he is desperate to get back to playing cricket. The fast bowler said that no matter its club cricket or state cricket, all he wanted at the moment was to get back to the game.
Asked whether he has ever been approached by a bookie for spot-fixing or match-fixing, Sreesanth who hails from Kerala said such a case has never happened in his career.
Sreesanth, who was lodged in the Tihar jail, has been granted bail by a Delhi court after it criticised Delhi police for slapping the stringent provisions of MCOCA on Sreesanth, Ankeet Chavan and 17 others.
Delhi police has so far arrested 26 persons in the case including Sreesanth, Chavan and Ajit Chandalia.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31