Sri Lanka Cricket to halve its staff
Colombo : Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC), the local governing cricket body is set to reduce its staff by more than a half, the Parliament was told.
Sports Minister Mahindananda Aluthgamage answering a query raised by opposition legislator Dayasiri Jayasekera said that the full cadre of the SLC currently stood at 251 at the end of 2011.
"Permanent staff number is 25, while 226 have been employed on contract basis", Aluthgamage said.
The minister said the cadre would be reduced by 60 per cent in the near future.
"Already 49 employees whose contracts had expired have been stopped work," Aluthgamage said.
Sri Lanka Cricket has suffered losses, blamed on mismanagement of its coffers by politically appointed interim committees.
The elections were delayed until early this year as successive interim committees ran the SLC affairs since 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says