Sri Lanka make two changes for tri-series
Colombo: Sri Lanka`s cricket selectors on Sunday made two changes to their Champions Trophy squad for a triangular one-day series in the West Indies starting this week.
Batsman Tillakaratne Dilshan is out with a calf injury suffered in Thursday`s Champions Trophy semi-final defeat to India, while all-rounder Thisara Perera was dropped from the 15-member squad to play against India and the West Indies.
Sri Lanka Cricket said Dilshan would take four to six weeks to recover, and called up Upul Tharanga as his replacement. Twenty20 specialist Ajantha Mendis took Perera`s slot.
The tri-nations series begins at Kingston, Jamaica on Friday.
Sri Lankan squad: Angelo Mathews (captain), Dinesh Chandimal (vice-captain), Kusal Janith, Upul Tharanga, Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardene, Lahiru Thirimanne, Jeevan Mendis, Lasith Malinga, Shaminda Eranga, Nuwan Kulasekara, Dilhara Lokuhetti, Rangana Herath, Sachithra Senanayake and Ajantha Mendis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145