Sri Lanka make two changes for tri-series
Colombo: Sri Lanka`s cricket selectors on Sunday made two changes to their Champions Trophy squad for a triangular one-day series in the West Indies starting this week.
Batsman Tillakaratne Dilshan is out with a calf injury suffered in Thursday`s Champions Trophy semi-final defeat to India, while all-rounder Thisara Perera was dropped from the 15-member squad to play against India and the West Indies.
Sri Lanka Cricket said Dilshan would take four to six weeks to recover, and called up Upul Tharanga as his replacement. Twenty20 specialist Ajantha Mendis took Perera`s slot.
The tri-nations series begins at Kingston, Jamaica on Friday.
Sri Lankan squad: Angelo Mathews (captain), Dinesh Chandimal (vice-captain), Kusal Janith, Upul Tharanga, Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardene, Lahiru Thirimanne, Jeevan Mendis, Lasith Malinga, Shaminda Eranga, Nuwan Kulasekara, Dilhara Lokuhetti, Rangana Herath, Sachithra Senanayake and Ajantha Mendis.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India