Statistical highlights: India Vs Pakistan
Mirpur: Statistical highlights of the Asia Cup match between India and Pakistan in Mirpur.
• For the first time against India and the sixth time overall, the Pakistani openers have posted centuries in the same innings. The said achievement has been accomplished three times against Sri Lanka and once each against Bangladesh, India and New Zealand.
• Two opening batsmen scoring hundreds have been registered for the second time at the Asia Cup - the first occasion being by Sanath Jayasuriya (130) and Kumar Sangakkara (121) against Bangladesh at Karachi on June 30, 2008.
• A team has lost despite scoring two hundreds against India for the eighth time..
• Shahid Afridi has completed his 7,000 runs in Limited-Overs Internationals - 7008 at an average of 23.59 in 341 ODIs. He became the sixth Pakistani to complete 7,000 runs in ODIs, joining Inzamam-ul-Haq (11739), Mohammad Yousuf (9720), Saeed Anwar (8824), Javed Miandad (7381) and Salim Malik (7170). Having already claimed 300 wickets (343 at an average of 33.39), Afridi became the second all-rounder after Sanath Jayasuriya to complete the double of 7,000 runs and 300 wickets in ODIs. Jayasuriya was the first to record the aforesaid double - 13,430 (ave.32.36) and 323 wickets (ave.36.75) in 445 matches.
• Shahid Afridi has appeared in his 200th Day/night fixture - the first Pakistani all-rounder and the fourth overall to record the feat, joining Ricky Ponting (215), Mahela Jayawardene (213) and Sachin Tendulkar (208).
• Younis Khan (52 off 34 balls) has recorded his sixth fifty against India - his 47th in ODIs.
• Gautam Gambhir has posted his 10th duck in ODIs – his first against Pakistan.
• Virat Kohli is the leading Indian run-getter this year - 730 runs at an average of 73.00 in eleven matches, including three hundreds.
• Rohit Sharma`s 68 is his third fifty against Pakistan - his 12th in ODIs.
• Kohli (183) has recorded a career-best innings in ODIs. The said innings is also the highest by a batsman against Pakistan, obliterating the 156 off 138 balls by Brian Lara at Adelaide on January 28, 2005.
• Kohli is the first batsman to manage 150 runs or more in an innings in the Asia Cup, eclipsing the 144 by Younis Khan for Pakistan against Hong Kong at Colombo, SSC on July 18, 2004.
• India have recorded their fifth win in nine result-oriented games over Pakistan at the Asia Cup.
• India have won three out of the last four ODIs played at the Asia Cup - two against Sri Lanka and one against Pakistan.
• India, with their six-wicket triumph, have won their last three matches against Pakistan - by 3 wickets at Dambulla on June 19, 2010; by 29 runs at Mohali on March 30, 2011 and by 6 wickets at Mirpur on March 18, 2012.
• India`s winning per centage of 63.15 (24 wins, 14 defeats and one no-result game out of 39) is the second highest at the Asia Cup, next only to Sri Lanka`s winning % of 69.04.
• Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli were involved in a stand of 172 for the third wicket - India`s second highest against Pakistan, next only to the 201 between Rahul Dravid and Virender Sehwag at Kochi on April 2, 2005.
• The above stand is India`s highest for the second wicket against Pakistan at the Asia Cup.
• India`s impressive 330 for four is the highest total by any team against Pakistan at the Asia Cup. The said score is India`s second highest at the Asia Cup - the highest is 374 for four against Hong Kong at Karachi on June 25, 2008.
• India (330/4) have registered their highest successful chase in ODIs, surpassing the 326 for eight against England at Lord`s on July 13, 2002. The said score is the highest successful chase by any team against Pakistan in ODIs, eclipsing the 316 for seven by India at Dhaka on January 31, 1988 and 316 for four by Australia at Lahore on November 10, 1998.
• Pakistan (329/6) have recorded their highest total against India at the Asia Cup.
• Pakistan (329 for six) have posted their third highest at the Asia Cup - the two highest are 385 for 7 against Bangladesh at Dambulla on June 21, 2010 and 343 for five against Hong Kong at Colombo, SSC on July 18, 2004.
• Pakistan`s above total is their joint second highest against India in ODIs - the highest is 344 for eight at Karachi on March 13, 2004. Pakistan had made 329 for six against India at Rawalpindi on March 16,2 004.
• Kohli`s first hundred against Pakistan is his 11th inODIs. India have won ten ODIs when he has registered centuries.
• Kohli became the second Indian player to post two hundreds in an Asia Cup competition - 108 against Sri Lanka and 183 against Pakistan. Suresh Raina was the first Indian to record two hundreds in an Asia Cup tournament - 101 against Hong Kong and 116 not out against Bangladesh - both at Karachi in June 2008.
• Sachin Tendulkar has become the top run-scorer against Pakistan in ODIs, totalling 2526 in 69 matches at an average of 40.09, eclipsing Sanath Jayasuriya`s tally of 2517 (ave.32.68) in 82 matches.
• Tendulkar has posted his 96th fifty, extending his record in ODIs - his 16th against Pakistan.
• In his last four outings, Kohli has recorded three centuries. He has posted three centuries and a fifty in his last four innings - 133 not out at Hobart and 108 at Dhaka followed by 66 against Bangladesh and 183 against Pakistan.
• Kohli became the first batsman to post three hundreds in ODIs this year.
• Kohli`s record in day/night games is quite impressive while chasing - 2017 runs in 40 matches at an average of 63.303, including seven centuries and 10 fifties.
• Nasir Jamshed (112 off 104 balls) has posted his maiden hundred in ODIs, eclipsing the 74 against Zimbabwe at Hyderabad (Sind) on January 24, 2008.
• Hafeez and Nasir Jamshed were involved in a stand of 224 for the first wicket - Pakistan`s highest against India, Overall, five stands of 200 or more have been recorded for Pakistan against India in ODIs.
• The above double century stand is Pakistan`s highest for any wicket at the Asia Cup, eclipsing the 223 for the third wicket between Shoaib Malik and Younis Khan against Hong Kong at Colombo, SSC on July 18, 2004.
• The 224-run stand is Pakistan`s second highest for the first wicket in ODIs behind the 228 (unbroken) between Imran Farhat and Mohammad Hafeez against Zimbabwe at Harare on September 11, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof