Stuart Broad to miss remaining West Indies tour due to knee injury
Bridgetown: England Twenty20 captain Stuart Broad admitted Sunday that he will sit out the rest of the West Indies tour to rest a knee injury.
After his side lost Sunday`s opening game of a three-match T20 series by 27 runs, Broad said he wanted to be fully recovered in time for the World Twenty in Bangladesh later this month.
"No panic with the knee, had it a long time," tweeted Broad.
"The workload over the winter has got it to a point it needs treatment. 7 days should be fine."
The second and third matches between West Indies and England are on Tuesday and Thursday at Bridgetown`s Kensington Oval.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends