Stuart Broad to miss remaining West Indies tour due to knee injury
Bridgetown: England Twenty20 captain Stuart Broad admitted Sunday that he will sit out the rest of the West Indies tour to rest a knee injury.
After his side lost Sunday`s opening game of a three-match T20 series by 27 runs, Broad said he wanted to be fully recovered in time for the World Twenty in Bangladesh later this month.
"No panic with the knee, had it a long time," tweeted Broad.
"The workload over the winter has got it to a point it needs treatment. 7 days should be fine."
The second and third matches between West Indies and England are on Tuesday and Thursday at Bridgetown`s Kensington Oval.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack