Suresh Raina climbs to number 10 in ICC ODI rankings
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Dubai: Indian middle order batsman Suresh Raina broke into the top ten batsmen, in the ICC ODI rankings, declared on Monday.
The destructive left hander scored four half centuries in the recently concluded ODI series against England.
Other Indian batsmen in the top 10 include Virat Kohli at number 3, and captain MS Dhoni at number 4.
South African, Hashim Amla led the ODI rankings closely followed by team mate AB De Villiers.
Another batsman inside the top 10 to improve his ranking is England captain Alastair Cook, who has moved up one place to seventh.
Outside the top 10, the batsmen heading in the right direction are Graeme Smith in 15th (up by six), Ian Bell in 23rd (up by six), Kevin Pietersen in 29th (up by one), David Warner in 35th (up by two), Kane Williamson in 36th (up by 18), George Bailey in 48th (up by three), Rohit Sharma in 54th (up by two), Lahiru Thirimanne (up by 12) and Faf du Plessis in joint 64th (up by three), Colin Ingram in 83rd (up by 14), Samit Patel in 86th (up by 10) and James Franklin in 90th (up by 13).
With IANS input
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says