Lankan umpire Dissanayaka rubbishes fixing allegations
Colombo: Gamini Dissanayaka, one of three local umpires implicated by an Indian TV channel over a match fixing inquiry outrightly rejected the accusation.
"I reject all allegations. This is an attack on the entire Sri Lankan umpiring fraternity by an external force," Dissanayaka told reporters.
He said that he had already written to local cricket authorities and is open to thorough investigation in order to prove his innocence.
`India TV` news channel named Dissanayaka and two of his colleagues Sagara Gallage and Winston de la Zilwa as having allegedly consented for match-fixing during the just concluded world T20 championshp.
Gallage and De La Zilwa were not available for comment. Dissanayaka was quoted during `India TV`s` sting operation that buying liquor for Sri Lankan Cricket officials would clinch any deal with them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers