Colombo: Statistical highlights of the World Twenty20 group match between Australia and West Indies here.
• Marlon Samuels` 50 off 32 balls is his first fifty against Australia -- his third in Twenty20 Internationals.
• Samuels has recorded two fifties in a losing cause in T20Is.
• Mitchell Starc (3/35) has posted his second best bowling figures in T20Is -- his best ever are 3 for 11 against Pakistan at Dubai (DSC) on September 10, 2012.
• West Indies (191 for eight) have posted the highest total in West Indies-Australia games in Twenty20 Internationals. This score is West Indies` second highest in the ICC World Twenty20, next only to the 205 for six against South Africa at Johannesburg on September 11, 2007.
• West Indies` total is the joint third highest score in a losing cause in the ICC World Twenty20. West Indies` 205 for six against South Africa at Johannesburg on September 11, 2007 is the lowest score.
• Michael Hussey has become the first Australian batsman to manage 300 runs in the ICC World Twenty20 -- 320 runs at an average of 45.71 in 17 matches.
• Shane Watson (2/29 + 41 not out) has been adjudged the Man of the Match for the sixth time in T20Is. His tally is an Australian record.
• David Warner, with 290 runs at an average of 41.42 in seven games, including three fifties, is the highest run-scorer in Australia-West Indies Twenty20 Internationals.
• Australia`s win by 17 runs under D/L method is their fifth in eight games against the West Indies in Twenty20 Internationals.
• In the ICC World Twenty20, Australia have won two and lost one out of three contested against the West Indies.
• Eleven sixes have been posted in the West Indies` total -- their best ever tally against Australia in T20Is while 17 sixes in the match is a record in the West Indies-Australia T20Is.
• Chris Gayle`s superb 54 off 33 balls is his second fifty against Australia -- his eighth in T20Is.
• Gayle`s aggregate of 496 runs in 12 matches at an average of 45.09, including a hundred and four half-centuries, is the highest by a West Indian in the ICC World Twenty20.
• Only Mahela Jayawardene (632) and Kevin Pietersen (580) have managed more runs than Gayle in the ICC World Twenty20.
• Gayle`s strike rate of 154.51 is the highest by any batsman in the ICC World Twenty20.