T20 World Cup 2012: Australia vs West Indies-Statistical highlights
Colombo: Statistical highlights of the World Twenty20 group match between Australia and West Indies here.
• Marlon Samuels` 50 off 32 balls is his first fifty against Australia -- his third in Twenty20 Internationals.
• Samuels has recorded two fifties in a losing cause in T20Is.
• Mitchell Starc (3/35) has posted his second best bowling figures in T20Is -- his best ever are 3 for 11 against Pakistan at Dubai (DSC) on September 10, 2012.
• West Indies (191 for eight) have posted the highest total in West Indies-Australia games in Twenty20 Internationals. This score is West Indies` second highest in the ICC World Twenty20, next only to the 205 for six against South Africa at Johannesburg on September 11, 2007.
• West Indies` total is the joint third highest score in a losing cause in the ICC World Twenty20. West Indies` 205 for six against South Africa at Johannesburg on September 11, 2007 is the lowest score.
• Michael Hussey has become the first Australian batsman to manage 300 runs in the ICC World Twenty20 -- 320 runs at an average of 45.71 in 17 matches.
• Shane Watson (2/29 + 41 not out) has been adjudged the Man of the Match for the sixth time in T20Is. His tally is an Australian record.
• David Warner, with 290 runs at an average of 41.42 in seven games, including three fifties, is the highest run-scorer in Australia-West Indies Twenty20 Internationals.
• Australia`s win by 17 runs under D/L method is their fifth in eight games against the West Indies in Twenty20 Internationals.
• In the ICC World Twenty20, Australia have won two and lost one out of three contested against the West Indies.
• Eleven sixes have been posted in the West Indies` total -- their best ever tally against Australia in T20Is while 17 sixes in the match is a record in the West Indies-Australia T20Is.
• Chris Gayle`s superb 54 off 33 balls is his second fifty against Australia -- his eighth in T20Is.
• Gayle`s aggregate of 496 runs in 12 matches at an average of 45.09, including a hundred and four half-centuries, is the highest by a West Indian in the ICC World Twenty20.
• Only Mahela Jayawardene (632) and Kevin Pietersen (580) have managed more runs than Gayle in the ICC World Twenty20.
• Gayle`s strike rate of 154.51 is the highest by any batsman in the ICC World Twenty20.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler