Mithali best-placed Indian women in ICC rankings
Colombo: Skipper Mithali Raj was the highest placed Indian in the latest ICC T20I Women`s Rankings as she remained static in the third position in the batting chart even as Jhulan Goswami fell a place to be fourth in the bowling list.
Mithali has 656 points while Goswami has 645.
Harpreet Kaur (ninth) and Poonam Raut (20th) were the other two Indians who figured in the batting chart.
Ninth-placed Amita Sharma and Goswami, at 11th, were the two Indian players to figure in the all-rounders` list.
Jess Cameron, who scored a match-winning 45 to help Australia retain the ICC Women`s World Twenty20 trophy, moved up two places to fourth.
Cameron was named player of the match in Australia`s thrilling four-run victory against England.
There were also improvements for teammates Meg Lanning, Alex Blackwell and Alyssa Healy with six from Australia now in the top 20 batting rankings list is still led by England`s Sarah Taylor.
Julie Hunter`s two wickets in the final after her five for 22 against the West Indies in the semi-final lifted her seven places to fifth in the rankings which is topped by her Australia team mate Lisa Sthalekar.
The all-rounders` table is also headed by Sthalekar who toppled West Indies` Stafanie Taylor at the top.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi