Team India to play five Test matches in England in 2014
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
London: The Indian Cricket team will play five Test matches, a five-match One-Day International series and a solitary T20 International in England in 2014.
This was officially announced by the England Cricket Board (ECB) on Monday. The itinerary of the tour has also been released.
This will be the first time England hosts India in a five-Test series since 1959.
The Test matches will be held at Trent Bridge, Lord`s, the Ageas Bowl, Old Trafford and The Oval.
Leicestershire, Derbyshire and Middlesex will host tour matches against India, who last toured England in 2011 when they were defeated four-nil in the Test Series and three-nil in the NatWest Series with the NatWest International T20 series drawn 1-1.
ECB Chief Executive David Collier said, "This will be the first time England has hosted India in a five-Test series in more than 50 years and the length of the series reflects the iconic status which contests between these two great cricketing nations now enjoy.
"We anticipate significant demand for tickets both for the Investec Test series, and for the One-Day International series which will be the first encounter between these two countries in the 50-over format since India`s triumph in the final of the ICC Champions Trophy competition at Edgbaston earlier this year.
"We thank the BCCI for their support and also our international venues who between them helped bring a record number of spectators - more than 850,000 - to international cricket over the course of the season when India last toured here in 2011."
India Tour Itinerary
• Mon 23 June: India team arrives in UK
• Thu 26 - Sat 28 June: Three-day game v Leicestershire, Grace Road
• Tue 1 - Thu 3 July: Three-day game v Derbyshire, Derby
• Wed 9 - Sun 13 July: First Test Match, Trent Bridge
• Thu 17 - Mon 21 July: Second Test Match, Lord`s
• Sun 27 - Thu 31 July: Third Test Match, Ageas Bowl
• Thu 7 - Mon 11 Aug: Fourth Test Match, Old Trafford
• Fri 15 - Tues 19 Aug: Fifth Test match, Kia Oval
• Fri 22 Aug: Fifty-over game v Middlesex, Lord`s
• Mon 25 Aug: 1st ODI, Bristol
• Wed 27 Aug: 2nd ODI, SWALEC Stadium
• Sat 30 Aug: 3rd ODI, Trent Bridge
• Tue 2 Sept: 4th ODI, Edgbaston
• Fri 5 Sept: 5th ODI, Headingley
• Sun 7 Sept: T20, Edgbaston
• Mon 8 Sept: India team departs UK
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!