Tendulkar inaugurates cancer treatment centre in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Senior India batsman Sachin Tendulkar today inaugurated a foundation for research and treatment of cancers set up here by a group of doctors.
Speaking on the occasion, he appreciated the group of doctors led by D Nageshwar Reddy and Prateek Sharma, who started the Gastrointestinal and Liver Foundation for Research and Treatment of Cancers (GIFT).
"I think it`s named appropriately, GIFT. I think the greatest gift which any human can get from doctors is a life, to live and enjoy. Breathe freely, enjoy your freedom. I don`t think there is anything more valuable than that," he said.
Reddy runs the reputed city-based Asian Institute of Gastroenterology.
Former cricketer VVS Laxman released a book on gastrointestinal cancer on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?