Tendulkar inaugurates cancer treatment centre in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Senior India batsman Sachin Tendulkar today inaugurated a foundation for research and treatment of cancers set up here by a group of doctors.
Speaking on the occasion, he appreciated the group of doctors led by D Nageshwar Reddy and Prateek Sharma, who started the Gastrointestinal and Liver Foundation for Research and Treatment of Cancers (GIFT).
"I think it`s named appropriately, GIFT. I think the greatest gift which any human can get from doctors is a life, to live and enjoy. Breathe freely, enjoy your freedom. I don`t think there is anything more valuable than that," he said.
Reddy runs the reputed city-based Asian Institute of Gastroenterology.
Former cricketer VVS Laxman released a book on gastrointestinal cancer on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what