Tendulkar jittery due to talk about his 100th ton: Brearley
Mumbai: Former England skipper Mike Brearley feels that the constant talk around his 100th international century has made Indian batting great Sachin Tendulkar jittery.
"It is not easy analysing anyone sitting faraway. But he does look as if he is jittered," he said during a panel discussion at the Raj Singh Dungarpur World Cricket Summit on Monday.
Brearley, who is also a psycho-analyst, was replying to a query on whether the hype surrounding his long awaited century of centuries has affected him.
Brearley, who led England to a then record of 18 Test wins, also recalled India`s 2006 tour to England when Tendulkar was going through a lean patch.
"One of the things that I have admired about him is that during the Indian team`s last tour to England (in 2006) he was not fully fit coming from an elbow injury. He was not in the best of form too. But he struggled and made a few 90`s in the tour," he said.
"It’s a fantastic tribute to a batsman who can make cricket seem so easy as to how he is willing to struggle it out," he added.
Brearley was also full of praise of veteran Indian batsman Rahul Dravid, who has gone on to score over 1,000 Test runs in the calendar year after being written off.
"Rahul strikes to me as a first class man and a cricketer. He is very courageous and is willing to battle it out. His character must be very strong and he looks very determined," he added.
Brearley felt the use of technology in cricket has made players too narrow-minded and they were not keen to learn about the game overall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?