Tendulkar releases book on him titled `Sachin - A Tribute To The Legend`
Chandigarh: Sachin Tendulkar on Tuesday released a book published on him by The Hindu group of publications at a function here at the Mumbai Indians team hotel.
Titled `Sachin - A Tribute To The Legend,` is a fine collection of all the published reports of all the matches in which Tendulkar scored his 100 international tons. Besides, it has some rare pictures of the veteran batsman and a range of interesting statistics.
Tendulkar expressed his gratitude to the newspaper after releasing the book on his 39th birthday.
"It gives me immense pleasure to launch this book. All the efforts taken by The Hindu mean a lot to me. Over the years I have made lot of friends and they are dear ones.
"Our friendship has grown in a similar manner as The Hindu has grown. I cherish each and every moment I have shared with them," said Tendulkar flanked by MI coach Robin Singh and captain Harbhajan Singh.
The book was conceptualised after Tendulkar scored his 100th international century in the Asia Cup against Bangladesh in Mirpur on March 16.
"Reading various articles and opinions (in The Hindu) has played an important role in my career. I want to take this opportunity to thank you for putting this book together in a matter of few weeks. It`s a mammoth effort and thank you very much," said Tendulkar.
The CEO of The Hindu group, Arun Anant, in a letter explained the concept behind publishing the book.
"We thought this would be a fine gesture to have this book released by you on your birthday, April 24. We feel that this book will be a fitting tribute to your unparalleled contribution to the game, making India and the international cricket community proud," said Anant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!