Tendulkar releases book on him titled `Sachin - A Tribute To The Legend`
Chandigarh: Sachin Tendulkar on Tuesday released a book published on him by The Hindu group of publications at a function here at the Mumbai Indians team hotel.
Titled `Sachin - A Tribute To The Legend,` is a fine collection of all the published reports of all the matches in which Tendulkar scored his 100 international tons. Besides, it has some rare pictures of the veteran batsman and a range of interesting statistics.
Tendulkar expressed his gratitude to the newspaper after releasing the book on his 39th birthday.
"It gives me immense pleasure to launch this book. All the efforts taken by The Hindu mean a lot to me. Over the years I have made lot of friends and they are dear ones.
"Our friendship has grown in a similar manner as The Hindu has grown. I cherish each and every moment I have shared with them," said Tendulkar flanked by MI coach Robin Singh and captain Harbhajan Singh.
The book was conceptualised after Tendulkar scored his 100th international century in the Asia Cup against Bangladesh in Mirpur on March 16.
"Reading various articles and opinions (in The Hindu) has played an important role in my career. I want to take this opportunity to thank you for putting this book together in a matter of few weeks. It`s a mammoth effort and thank you very much," said Tendulkar.
The CEO of The Hindu group, Arun Anant, in a letter explained the concept behind publishing the book.
"We thought this would be a fine gesture to have this book released by you on your birthday, April 24. We feel that this book will be a fitting tribute to your unparalleled contribution to the game, making India and the international cricket community proud," said Anant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar