Tendulkar ruled out of ODI series due to injury
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Sachin Tendulkar has been ruled out of the ODI series against England due to an injury.
Sachin, who also missed the first ODI due to the injury, had injured his toe during net session before the start of the ODI series.
The master batsman will be out of cricket for four weeks.
"Tendulkar has been ruled out of the series and he will take another four weeks to regain fitness," team manager Shivlal Yadav said.
The injury will rule Sachin out of the Champions League Twenty20 scheduled to be held from 19th September to 9th October. Sachin is the captain of the Mumbai Indians outfit.
Sachin Tendulkar is the 7th player in the ongoing England series to be ruled out due to injuries.
The batting maestro, who is just one short of completing the incredible milestone of 100 international centuries, will have to wait longer with this latest injury.
It has been a wretched tour so far for India, who lost the Test series 0-4 before being handed a defeat in the lone Twenty20 match as well.
The team is already missing key players such as Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh, Rohit Sharma, Ishant Sharma and Zaheer Khan due to injuries.
Sharma was the last Indian cricketer to have been ruled out after being hit by a Stuart Broad delivery in the
38th over of the Indian innings during the first ODI.
Sharma retired hurt after facing that ball. He went for a check up and a fracture was confirmed.
While Sehwag is out because of hearing problems, Gambhir has been forced to go back due to blurred vision following an awkward fall during a Test. Zaheer, on the other hand, has already undergone an ankle surgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next