Tiger`s burial at Pataudi village today
Chandigarh: The burial of former India captain Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, who died in a Delhi hospital on Thursday, will take place at Pataudi village in Gurgaon district Friday afternoon.
Patuadi’s body has been taken to his Vasant Vihar house this morning where thousands of people including celebrities from cricket and Bollywood world were present. His son Saif’s girlfriend and Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor was also seen at the house.
His mortal remains would then be taken to the Pataudi village of Gurgaon district for the last rites.
"The burial will take place at 2.15 pm. I will be representing Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda at the burial," Gurgaon Deputy Commissioner P C Menna said.
He said the district administration is ready to make any arrangements in case VVIPs descend at village Pataudi.
"We are ready to put in place any arrangement to deal with the VVIP visits," Meena said.
The Pataudi village is about 25 km from Gurgaon in Haryana where the former captain`s palace, a portion of which is managed by a group owning luxury resorts, lies. He said the news of Pataudi`s death has come as a shock to the village residents.
Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi, one of the greatest cricket captains India has produced, died here on Thursday after battling with a lung infection which was diagnosed about three months back.
He was 70.
Pataudi was admitted to the hospital last month. After investigations, he was found to be suffering from interstitial lung disease, a condition in which the passage of oxygen to the two lungs is less than normal.
Pataudi, regarded as one of the finest Indian captains, played 46 Tests for the country, scoring 2793 runs for an average of 34.91 with an unbeaten 203 being his highest score. In all, he smashed six centuries and 16 fifties in his career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside