Tiger`s burial at Pataudi village today
Chandigarh: The burial of former India captain Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, who died in a Delhi hospital on Thursday, will take place at Pataudi village in Gurgaon district Friday afternoon.
Patuadi’s body has been taken to his Vasant Vihar house this morning where thousands of people including celebrities from cricket and Bollywood world were present. His son Saif’s girlfriend and Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor was also seen at the house.
His mortal remains would then be taken to the Pataudi village of Gurgaon district for the last rites.
"The burial will take place at 2.15 pm. I will be representing Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda at the burial," Gurgaon Deputy Commissioner P C Menna said.
He said the district administration is ready to make any arrangements in case VVIPs descend at village Pataudi.
"We are ready to put in place any arrangement to deal with the VVIP visits," Meena said.
The Pataudi village is about 25 km from Gurgaon in Haryana where the former captain`s palace, a portion of which is managed by a group owning luxury resorts, lies. He said the news of Pataudi`s death has come as a shock to the village residents.
Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi, one of the greatest cricket captains India has produced, died here on Thursday after battling with a lung infection which was diagnosed about three months back.
He was 70.
Pataudi was admitted to the hospital last month. After investigations, he was found to be suffering from interstitial lung disease, a condition in which the passage of oxygen to the two lungs is less than normal.
Pataudi, regarded as one of the finest Indian captains, played 46 Tests for the country, scoring 2793 runs for an average of 34.91 with an unbeaten 203 being his highest score. In all, he smashed six centuries and 16 fifties in his career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?