Tino Best in Windies squad to replace injured Gabriel
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: Shannon Gabriel, who made his debut for West Indies in the Lord’s Test against England, has been ruled out of the Test series between England and West Indies due to a back injury.
“Shannon made the complaint late in the first test against England and scans conducted following the match showed a stress reaction in the lower spine," West Indies team physiotherapist C.J. Clark was quoted as saying in the media.
"He was subsequently ruled out of the second test and, after further consultation, we feel that to prevent this injury developing any further it is in Shannon`s best interest for him to return to Trinidad & Tobago for rest and rehabilitation to ensure he is fully fit when selected for West Indies in the future," he added.
Tino Best who last represented West Indies in 2009 has been called in as a replacement for Gabriel.
The second Test starts from Friday at Trent Bridge. England are currently leading the series 1-0 after winning the first Test by five wickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends