Tino Best in Windies squad to replace injured Gabriel
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: Shannon Gabriel, who made his debut for West Indies in the Lord’s Test against England, has been ruled out of the Test series between England and West Indies due to a back injury.
“Shannon made the complaint late in the first test against England and scans conducted following the match showed a stress reaction in the lower spine," West Indies team physiotherapist C.J. Clark was quoted as saying in the media.
"He was subsequently ruled out of the second test and, after further consultation, we feel that to prevent this injury developing any further it is in Shannon`s best interest for him to return to Trinidad & Tobago for rest and rehabilitation to ensure he is fully fit when selected for West Indies in the future," he added.
Tino Best who last represented West Indies in 2009 has been called in as a replacement for Gabriel.
The second Test starts from Friday at Trent Bridge. England are currently leading the series 1-0 after winning the first Test by five wickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city