Tripura, Hyderabad share one point each after dull draw
Hyderabad: DB Ravi Teja (175) and skipper Akshath Reddy (149) scored a century each to ensure that Hyderabad did not get out in their first innings against Tripura as it gave both the teams one point each after their Group C Ranji Trophy tie ended in a dull draw on the fourth and final day hereon Monday.
When stumps were drawn on the last day, Hyderabad were 566 for eight in their first innings in reply to Tripura`s 650 for eight declared.
Since the first innings of both the teams were not completed in four days, both shared a point each with Tripura failing to earn three points despite a lead in the first essay. Only 16 wickets fell in four days.
Hyderabad resumed today on 258 for one with last night`s centurion Reddy and Ravi Teja on the crease. Reddy, however, could add just 11 more runs to his overnight score of 138 before being dismissed for a well-made 149 off 251 balls, laced with 20 boundaries.
He also put on 250 runs for the second wicket with Ravi Teja. Ravi Teja, who resumed on 90, completed his ton and also shared a solid 131-run partnership with Hanuma Vihari (55) for the third wicket.
Ravi Teja`s knock came from 325 deliveries with 14 hits to the fence and two sixes.
Bavanaka Sandeep (41), Syed Quadri (40) and Amol Shinde (35 not out) also chipped in with important runs.
Tripura: 650 for eight declared
Hyderabad: 566 for eight in 171 overs (DB Ravi Teja 175, Hanuma Vihari 55; Tushar Saha 5/150)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice