Ugly scenes at DDCA ahead of Sports Committee elections
New Delhi: There were ugly scenes infront of the Delhi and Districts Cricket Association (DDCA) office inside the Feroz Shah Kotla stadium`s premises as officials hurled abuses at each other with a few engaging in fisticuffs ahead of Sports Committee`s election on November 27th.
The incident was even more embarrassing as the Ranji Trophy match between Delhi and Tamil Nadu had just ended and the players hadn`t still left the venue. Luckily the dressing rooms are located far away from the office where the incident took place.
The incident started when a certain Pramod Sood claiming to represent Rani Bagh Club came with his associated to file nomination papers for the Sports Committee election to returning officer Retd Justice Kuldeep Singh.
However according to club`s founder-member Late Puran Bajaj`s will the ownership of the club belonged to his son Chetanya Bajaj.
The Sood faction claimed that they have booted out Chetanya Bajaj are running the club.
At this point of time, another DDCA official Surya Prakash Sharma --- an aide of senior DDCA official Vinod Tihara objected to their filing the nomination terming it "illegal."
Suddenly, one saw choicest of abuses being exchanged between the two groups with a few members started pushing each other and trying to hit each other.
When DDCA secretary S P Bansal was contacted he said, "I have not received any complaints of such untoward incident in the premises. But, I would definitely speak to the police authorities and request them to beef up the security as the elections are due on November 27."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past