Ugly scenes at DDCA ahead of Sports Committee elections
New Delhi: There were ugly scenes infront of the Delhi and Districts Cricket Association (DDCA) office inside the Feroz Shah Kotla stadium`s premises as officials hurled abuses at each other with a few engaging in fisticuffs ahead of Sports Committee`s election on November 27th.
The incident was even more embarrassing as the Ranji Trophy match between Delhi and Tamil Nadu had just ended and the players hadn`t still left the venue. Luckily the dressing rooms are located far away from the office where the incident took place.
The incident started when a certain Pramod Sood claiming to represent Rani Bagh Club came with his associated to file nomination papers for the Sports Committee election to returning officer Retd Justice Kuldeep Singh.
However according to club`s founder-member Late Puran Bajaj`s will the ownership of the club belonged to his son Chetanya Bajaj.
The Sood faction claimed that they have booted out Chetanya Bajaj are running the club.
At this point of time, another DDCA official Surya Prakash Sharma --- an aide of senior DDCA official Vinod Tihara objected to their filing the nomination terming it "illegal."
Suddenly, one saw choicest of abuses being exchanged between the two groups with a few members started pushing each other and trying to hit each other.
When DDCA secretary S P Bansal was contacted he said, "I have not received any complaints of such untoward incident in the premises. But, I would definitely speak to the police authorities and request them to beef up the security as the elections are due on November 27."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui