Umar, Azhar hit half-centuries
Dhaka: Taufeeq Umar and Azhar Ali hit half-centuries as Pakistan reached 139-1 in their first innings at lunch in reply to Bangladesh`s 338 on the third day of the second and final Test in Dhaka today.
Left-handed opener Umar was unbeaten on 66 at the break for his second successive Test half-century while Azhar was 52 not out as the tourists added 52 runs to their overnight total of 87-1 after a delayed start due to fog.
The pair has so far put on 116 runs for the unbroken second-wicket stand.
Umar, who scored 61 in the opening Test in Chittagong, completed his 13th half-century in 37 Tests with a single of paceman Nazmul Hossain. He has so far cracked nine fours in his 141-ball knock.
Azhar, who hit fast bowler Shahadat Hossain for two fours in the opening over of the day, reached his 12th Test half-century with a boundary off left-arm spinner Elias Sunny in the last over of the morning session.
Bangladesh had a chance to remove Umar on 56, but wicket-keeper Mushfiqur Rahim did not even try to effect a stumping off left-arm spinner Shakib Al Hasan while confidently appealing for a catch down the leg-side.
Pakistan lead 1-0 in the series after winning the opening Test by an innings and 184 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016