Umesh Yadav doubtful for 2nd Test, Dinda called up as cover
Mumbai: Indian fast bowler Umesh Yadav was on Wednesday rendered doubtful for the second cricket Test against England, starting Friday, due to a lower back problem.
Yadav, who picked up four wickets in the first match in Ahemedabad, underwent a scan today and did not turn up for the practice session.
Bengal paceman Ashok Dinda has been called as a cover for Yadav. Incidentally, Dinda was called up as cover for Ishant Sharma as well.
Sharma was eventually ruled out of the first Test due to viral fever and Dinda returned back for Ranji duty after being released by the team management on the first day of the Ahmedabad Test.
India are leading the four-match series 1-0 after winning the first Test by nine wickets.
The second Test will be played at Wankhede Stadium here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!