Umesh Yadav doubtful for 2nd Test, Dinda called up as cover
Mumbai: Indian fast bowler Umesh Yadav was on Wednesday rendered doubtful for the second cricket Test against England, starting Friday, due to a lower back problem.
Yadav, who picked up four wickets in the first match in Ahemedabad, underwent a scan today and did not turn up for the practice session.
Bengal paceman Ashok Dinda has been called as a cover for Yadav. Incidentally, Dinda was called up as cover for Ishant Sharma as well.
Sharma was eventually ruled out of the first Test due to viral fever and Dinda returned back for Ranji duty after being released by the team management on the first day of the Ahmedabad Test.
India are leading the four-match series 1-0 after winning the first Test by nine wickets.
The second Test will be played at Wankhede Stadium here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi