‘Under fire’ Wade taking lessons from Healy
Sydney: Australia’s incumbent wicket keeper Matthew Wade has revealed taking private tutorials from one of country’s greatest glove man, Ian Healy, who had earlier slammed him for making elementary mistakes behind the wickets.
Healy had criticized nine-Test keeper Wade on radio last week for not having a good summer with the gloves, making basic mistakes and missing several chances from the bowling of spinner Nathan Lyon, News.com.au reports.
Wade initially phoned Healy to sort out their differences and then accepted an offer to train with the 119-Test keeper, who is sought out by glove men across the globe for advice, the paper added.
Wade revealed he flew up a couple of hours earlier on Tuesday for Brisbane and had a coffee with Healy, adding he went through few different bits and pieces of wicket keeping with the Oz great.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM