‘Under fire’ Wade taking lessons from Healy
Sydney: Australia’s incumbent wicket keeper Matthew Wade has revealed taking private tutorials from one of country’s greatest glove man, Ian Healy, who had earlier slammed him for making elementary mistakes behind the wickets.
Healy had criticized nine-Test keeper Wade on radio last week for not having a good summer with the gloves, making basic mistakes and missing several chances from the bowling of spinner Nathan Lyon, News.com.au reports.
Wade initially phoned Healy to sort out their differences and then accepted an offer to train with the 119-Test keeper, who is sought out by glove men across the globe for advice, the paper added.
Wade revealed he flew up a couple of hours earlier on Tuesday for Brisbane and had a coffee with Healy, adding he went through few different bits and pieces of wicket keeping with the Oz great.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- As Virat Kohli and co prepare for WI tour, MS Dhoni enjoys bike ride in Ranchi rain
- Ramayana had another heroine besides SITA – Know more about her contributions
- Samajwadi Party 'goondaraj' in UP? Azam Khan slaps Project Engineer
- This gene puts you at increased kidney disease risk
- 7th Pay Commission: Here's why the latest bonanza won't amuse govt staffers much