‘Under fire’ Wade taking lessons from Healy
Sydney: Australia’s incumbent wicket keeper Matthew Wade has revealed taking private tutorials from one of country’s greatest glove man, Ian Healy, who had earlier slammed him for making elementary mistakes behind the wickets.
Healy had criticized nine-Test keeper Wade on radio last week for not having a good summer with the gloves, making basic mistakes and missing several chances from the bowling of spinner Nathan Lyon, News.com.au reports.
Wade initially phoned Healy to sort out their differences and then accepted an offer to train with the 119-Test keeper, who is sought out by glove men across the globe for advice, the paper added.
Wade revealed he flew up a couple of hours earlier on Tuesday for Brisbane and had a coffee with Healy, adding he went through few different bits and pieces of wicket keeping with the Oz great.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand