Unsold IPL players to be auctioned online
Bangalore: The Indian Premier League (IPL) will facilitate auctioning of unsold players online to the franchises through open trading from Monday.
"Franchisees which have slots to fill in the foreign quota of 11 players can bid online for the unsold ones from Monday through the open trading session," IPL chief executive Sundar Rajan told reporters here Saturday after the IPL auction 2012.
Of the 144 players, including eight Indians and 136 foreigners that were put for sale at the mini-auction Saturday, only 25 of them, including six Indians were bought for a collective sum of $11 million by the eight franchisees that participated in the auction.
"Of the 119 unsold players, only two are Indians - star batsman V.V.S. Laxman and pacer V.R.V Singh and the remaining are foreign. Franchisees can inform us which player they want to bid for with due intimation to their counterparts and at what price so that they can fill up the vacancies," Rajan said.
According to the revised rules, each franchise is entitled to have 11 foreign players out of the 33 players they can buy though only four of them are eligible to play in the T20 match.
Of the eight franchisees, Mumbai Indians (MI) and Delhi Daredevils XI (DDXI) have completed their quota of 11 foreign players, while Chennai Super Kings (CSK), Kings XI Punjab (KP), Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), Rajasthan Royals (RR), Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) and Deccan Chargers (DC) have one or two slots to fill with foreign players.
"Though CSK has only 10 foreign players, it has exhausted its purse by snapping up Ravindra Jadeja for a whopping $2 million (Rs.10 crore), while KP, RCB, RR and KKR have one more slot to fill. DC has two slots to bid for," IPL spokesperson said.
Pune Warriors of Sahara Adventure Sports Ltd, which walked out of the open auction, has three slots to fill in under the foreign players quota.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic