Vaas to assist New Zealand on Sri Lanka tour
Wellington: Former Sri Lanka fast bowler Chaminda Vaas will work as a specialist bowling coach with the New Zealand cricket team ahead of its tour of his homeland starting later this month.
Vaas, who took 355 wickets in 111 tests for Sri Lanka before his retirement from international cricket last year, has agreed to provide technical advice to the New Zealand team which will play two tests, one Twenty20 international and five one-dayers. He will work with newly-appointed national bowling coach Shane Bond.
New Zealand head coach Mike Hesson said Vaas`s "extensive playing experience in local conditions will provide valuable input as we plan and prepare for the test series in Sri Lanka."
Star spinner Muttiah Muralitharan is also expected to work with the New Zealand bowlers during the tour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic