Vaas to assist New Zealand on Sri Lanka tour
Wellington: Former Sri Lanka fast bowler Chaminda Vaas will work as a specialist bowling coach with the New Zealand cricket team ahead of its tour of his homeland starting later this month.
Vaas, who took 355 wickets in 111 tests for Sri Lanka before his retirement from international cricket last year, has agreed to provide technical advice to the New Zealand team which will play two tests, one Twenty20 international and five one-dayers. He will work with newly-appointed national bowling coach Shane Bond.
New Zealand head coach Mike Hesson said Vaas`s "extensive playing experience in local conditions will provide valuable input as we plan and prepare for the test series in Sri Lanka."
Star spinner Muttiah Muralitharan is also expected to work with the New Zealand bowlers during the tour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends