Vaas to assist New Zealand on Sri Lanka tour
Wellington: Former Sri Lanka fast bowler Chaminda Vaas will work as a specialist bowling coach with the New Zealand cricket team ahead of its tour of his homeland starting later this month.
Vaas, who took 355 wickets in 111 tests for Sri Lanka before his retirement from international cricket last year, has agreed to provide technical advice to the New Zealand team which will play two tests, one Twenty20 international and five one-dayers. He will work with newly-appointed national bowling coach Shane Bond.
New Zealand head coach Mike Hesson said Vaas`s "extensive playing experience in local conditions will provide valuable input as we plan and prepare for the test series in Sri Lanka."
Star spinner Muttiah Muralitharan is also expected to work with the New Zealand bowlers during the tour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight