Vindoo had tried to elicit `tips` from KKR CEO: Mumbai Police
Mumbai: Bollywood actor Vindoo Darasingh had tried to get "inside" information from the CEO of IPL team Kolkata Knight Riders, according Mumbai police`s crime branch.
The probe has also revealed that Rajasthan Royals player Ajit Chandila had allegedly told bookies that he would not facilitate fixing for the first few IPL matches, because he was hoping to be picked for the national squad.
"Vindoo, during his interrogation, said he tried to extract information from one Venky, CEO of KKR, but did not get any information," a police officer said here. `Venky` was unlikely to be questioned for now, the officer said.
He said Chennai-based hotelier Vikram Agarwal alias Victor had been questioned for two days, and depending on how the probe progressed, police would decide whether to arrest him. "We are not giving clean chit to anybody at this stage," he said.
The probe has also revealed that Delhi-based `super bookie` Ashwin Agarwal alias Tinku Delhi had gone to Dubai thrice and met Pakistani bookies Javed Chotani and Salman.
"He had a direct line with Pakistan-based bookies and was also in continuous touch with absconding accused Kothari and Jupiter, etc," the officer said.
Tinku, presently in crime branch custody, met Chandila first through Nagpur-based Sunil Batia. Tinku, Batia, Chandila and Ankit Chavan decided to meet outside Ashoka Hotel in Delhi sometime in March. They went in Tinku`s car.
"Chandila told them he won`t do anything in the first few matches as he saw a prospect to play for India," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'