Wasim Akram was toughest bowler, says Laxman
Hyderabad: India`s stylish batsman V. V. S. Laxman, who announced his retirement from international cricket Saturday, said Pakistan`s legendary fast bowler Wasim Akram was the toughest bowler he faced.
"The toughest bowler was Wasim Akram for the variations and skills he had. He was master of the variations," he said.
Laxman said he was lucky to get an opportunity to play at the international level and face the challenges.
The Hyderabadi said he would cherish the moments he spent playing with stalwarts like Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble, Virender Sehwag and Sourav Ganguly.
Laxman said he chatted with the teammates in the morning. "The last 4-5 hours were very emotional. It was unbelievable love and affection. They were all surprised over the decision."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam