Wasim Akram was the best bowler I ever faced, says Jacques Kallis
Islamabad: South African cricketer Jacques Kallis has revealed that former Pakistani quick Wasim Akram was the best pace bowler he had ever faced during his long and successful career.
The veteran cricketer said in an interview that Akram was the best opening fast bowler he had ever faced as his ability to swing the ball in both ways with pace made him a dangerous force to reckon with on the field.
Choosing Akram from a choice of fast bowling legends like Courtney Walsh, Curtley Ambrose, Glenn McGrath, Brett Lee and Waqar Younis , Kallis said that Akram`s pace attack combined with Younis` reverse swinging made them a formidable force against any team, adding that the deadly Akram-Younis duo was the best combination that Pakistan had ever had.
Kallis further said that Australian legend Shane Warne was the best spinner that he played against because of his accuracy and the perfectness of his leg-spinning.
The Proteas great also said that the best batsman he had bowled against was West Indies legend Brian Lara, rating him above Indian maestro Sachin Tendulkar because of Lara`s ability to manipulate the field.
Kallis` 13,128 runs at Test level in 162 matches which also includes 44 hundreds and his 288 wickets coupled with his impressive ODI record of 11,498 runs and 270 wickets makes him unarguably a unique individual in world of cricket, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla